Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Review: From a Distant Star by Karen McQuestion

From a Distant StarFrom a Distant Star by Karen McQuestion
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My rating for From a Distant Star falls between three and four stars. There were parts I really enjoyed and I found the characters very likable. The pace was excellent and I was able to finish the book in just a few sittings. My only complaint would be how the book wrapped up. ***SPOILER*** I thought it was turning into an intergalactic romance, but that didn't end up happening. I just felt the chemistry between Emma and Scout and assumed that was where the book was going. I was happy to see her get a happy ending with Lucas, but since he was "dormant" for the entire novel, I wasn't invested in their relationship. ***END OF SPOILER***
Karen Mcquestion is a great author and I highly recommend any of her books. My particular favorites include Easily Amused and Favorite. If you're a fan of sci-fi YA novels, then From a Distant Star is definitely worth checking out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment