Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Review: A Drop of Night by Stefan Bachmann

A Drop of NightA Drop of Night by Stefan Bachmann
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a hard one to rate for me. A few of the elements I found really intriguing and the rest was kind of like "WTH is going on?" I definitely give the author points for originality. I never read anything quite like this one before (I heard comparisons to Maze Runner but I never read it before so I couldn't really say). The group of teens were interesting and as the book went on, they became less like caricatures. The main character was very angsty, but she grew on me eventually. The villains were one-dimensional, but there was a nice twist about their motivations at the end I hadn't anticipated. Overall, I liked the book and would read another novel from the author.

***Thanks to the publisher for providing a copy for review.***

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment