Friday, January 25, 2019

Review: The Favorite Daughter by Kaira Rouda

The Favorite DaughterThe Favorite Daughter by Kaira Rouda
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

From the blurb, I expected a completely different novel than what I got. The Favorite Daughter was definitely a book you can't put down once you start reading. I expect this story to be an emotional read about a mother trying to process her daughter's death. This isn't even close to what I got. Instead, The Favorite Daughter is a psychological thriller with a narrator I loved to hate. Jane is completely narcissistic with a twisted (albeit funny) sense of humor. The author kept me guessing over where exactly the plot was going and I was surprised by a few late novel reveals. My rating is actually 4.5 stars, only because I wasn't a fan of the ending (sequel please?!).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment