Monday, January 21, 2019

Review: The Winter Sister by Megan Collins

The Winter SisterThe Winter Sister by Megan Collins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Winter Sister is full of broken characters. Besides Sylvie's aunt, all of the characters are a hot mess. The messy characters and messy relationships really made this book work for me. I felt the author did an amazing job of making the reader feel the complex emotions that come along with losing a sister. Sylvie, Ben and her mother are all carrying around guilt over Persephone and are stuck in their tragic pasts. The mystery was fairly predictable, but that didn't take away my enjoyment of the novel. There's a romance that I was actually a big fan of, but I could see it being polarizing too. I'm just always drawn to romances with broken characters who find solace in one another. 4.5 stars to this stellar debut!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment