Saturday, April 28, 2018

Review: Ruined by Amy Tintera

Ruined (Ruined, #1)Ruined by Amy Tintera
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ruined was so much better than I expected. I haven't read a book one in a YA fantasy trilogy in awhile so I wasn't sure if it would grab me, but Ruined held me from page one and didn't let go until the very end.

If I could compare the novel to one book, I guess it reminded me a bit of Throne of Glass. I loved both books, but I did find myself liking Em a bit more than the MC in Throne of Glass. Em is tough, but she did seem to thaw a bit as she got to know Cas. Cas was great and I really loved his chemistry with Em, but I wish the author made him a little more flawed. I felt like the way he changed his belief system basically overnight was slightly contrived.

World building was fairly good, but I'm anticipating more details in the future books. I'm actually glad the author didn't dump too much info on the reader because my interest may have waned.

Overall, a great series starter that I look forward to continuing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment